My camera has arrived! So excited!! It has been quite the ordeal and I have been so on edge and stressed out.
When I was doing the photoshoot for my friends my camera was acting up and I was so frustrated. Then just a week or so later when we went out to the BSU Summer Classic for Brett's birthday it was still acting crazy and I was so frustrated! Then- in the middle of the game it just quit working. The end. The shutter would just not complete the capture. It would stop halfway through. Needless to say I was SOOO frustrated. I kept getting this Err 30 message.
I looked it up online, I tried all the little tricks, I called Cannon am their rep talked me through all of his tricks. Nothing worked. Nothing. I was so sad and disappointed.
So- I had to do the hardest thing ever. I had to ship my camera all the way to VA, normally it would just be to Cali but because it was the shutter it had to go to their specialty center. Oh well normally- except it is over 100 outside and I am terrified to send anything in the mail (aka I have zero control and I have a friend who works the loading docks for UPS so I know what really goes on down there... Which DOESN'T help my anxiety! )
Needless to say- I stressed out for the two and half days to took to get there, the two more days it took them the confirm receipt of my shipment, another four or so days to hear if they would actually honor the warranty, and then another three excruciating days when they sent it back to me (and meanwhile and UPS cargo plane crashed in the Midwest). I was nervous, panicking, checking my tracking number like four times a day. Then finally- it came! It was in one piece. It was even packaged in the original box that I sent it in. I was so happy! It works wonderful and although they had to completely reset the entire camera I now have to go through and rework all of my setting it is so worth it to have it back safe and in one piece!
And... I have already needed it. We just added the newest little member of our family and it is all just so dang exciting! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment