Here is to looking forward and enjoying the small moments

Here is to looking forward and enjoying the small moments

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Best Two Years!

Yesterday we celebrated our two year anniversary. It was so wonderful! Well, the evening was wonderful. I had to work all day and Brett had class so when I finally got home we were able to go out and have some fun. After last year when he tried to be super romantic and we ended up spending our anniversary in the ER (I had super severe stomach issues) we were ready to finally get to celebrate! 

Brett had bought me the most beautiful boquet of flowers... gerber daisies!!! my favorite... and had gottern rose petals that he had scattered all over out little apartment. It was so sweet and a great welcome home present. 


He then ran me out the door and re-created our first date. We went to dinner at the same place and we spent time at the place that has meant a lot to us over the years. The Capitol building was the palce he first kissed me after over a month of waiting. It was the palce he told me that he loved me. Some of our favorite engagement and wedding pcitures came from there. We had a balst re-creating some of those memories and actually being able to spend time together. We were able to take some new "family" pictures. Brett thinks this is totally pathetic since they look like enagement pcitures but I love being able to have new pictures of the two of us that are more then just snapshoots from my phone. 


I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband who works so hard to show me how mcuh he loves me and does evrythng he can to surprise me and make me happy. He loves to goof off and play silly games that never fail to make me laugh. He is always there to help me when I need help, encourage me when I am down, support me in my obligations, and remind me of my worth and abilities. He is so endlessly patient and kind and puts up with my many faults and shortcomings. I am so grateful for the Spirit that he brings to our home and the way he constnatly works to be better and to honor his Priesthood. He is my rock and I am so greatful for the man that he is and all that he adds to my life. I have been so blessed these last two year and I am so grateful to have my best friend always by my side. I would never have known how much my love for him could grow in two years. I am so happy to have so many wonderful memories and all that we have shared. Here is to many more years of happines and wonderful memories. 


We couldn't resist taking another picture with Brett's favoirte part of the Capitol.... the canon. He loves it. He always has crazy random and goofy ideas of things to do but they always turn out so great! Love it!


We forgot to take the picture from last year with us so by the time we got home it was dark but I insisted that we take it anyway. so glad we did! It could have been better... but oh well! SO fun to look at one picutre and be able to look back and remember so much. This was an awesome idea! Thanks Pinterest! Of course, then Bella had to be part of the picture taking fun but she would refuse to look at the camera. What resulted was an epic picutre fail... best family photo... NOT. haha oh well! we didn't have anyone else to try and get her attention and so this is what happens... We laughed and decided it was practice for toddlers! 



2 comments:

  1. Loved this! Your pictures turned out so cute, so happy for the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just got a tripod so we set it up with timer and ran for it :) It was such a blast!

      Delete