Here is to looking forward and enjoying the small moments

Here is to looking forward and enjoying the small moments

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Best Friend's Wedding


On June 29th my best friend for as long as I can remember got married. Yay! I was so happy for her. Everything turned out so great and I couldn't be happier for her. I was so honored and excited to be able to be at her ceremony and to be a part of her big day.

I met Hannah when I was eleven or twelve when her family moved in to the apartments in my neighborhood and started coming to our ward. I was so excited. The neighbors who lived across the street from me had just moved out and their house was for sale. Hannah's family had just moved here from Oregon and were looking for a house here in Boise. I quickly told her about the house across the street from mine that was for sale. She kind of gave me a funny look that I didn't understand but said she would tell her parents. A few days later I found out they were going to move in! I had wanted a girl my age to move in on my street for so long and now here she was! I didn't understand how truly blessed I was until later when I learned how picky her mother was about houses. I know that Heavenly Father must have been looking out for me and for them because I have no idea how it met her expectations but I couldn't be more grateful. As the years have followed we have remained friends. There have been many different events and life changes but despite the changes, the distance between our  chosen schools we have always remained friends and I still call her my sister. 




















She has always been there for me and has been such an example to me throughout the years. Goodness! I love her! I am so glad to see her so happy and to be starting a new life with such a great man by her side. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful.The knowledge that they have waited so long to have the promise of being together forever made the experience all the more sweet. Although I haven't had the chance to spend too much time with Troy in the time that I have spent with him I am so glad that they have found each other. He is fantastic and I know that he will always be there for her. Regardless of where they end up or what happens I know he will take care of her and love her. and, and although it was insanely hot outside I wouldn't have traded the opportunity to be there for her. After all, she gave up third row tickets to the BYU vs Utah game to be at my wedding almost two years ago and I will never forget how much help she was and how grateful I was that she was there and was able to be a part of the biggest day of my life. What an honor it was for me to be able to be with you and share your special day with you. 

She looked absolutely stunning and they were so happy. it was a marvelous day! Congratulation Mr. and Mrs. Shepley!!
Just a few picture of the awesome people we met, their wonderful families, and even a few of my family.
Hannah's dad being a pill... as always. I asked him to smile.. so does he?  Of course not! 
  
 
 
 
 
 
Hannah's awesome family!
Troy's wonderful family
Brett and I. He was such a good sport and was around and helping all day long! I got a great one for sure!
My awesome brother holding the bride's bouquet. 
My cute mom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment